Sunday, November 11, 2007

Hawaii - The Waikiki Chapter

I spent the first half of my vacation on Waikiki Beach, the site of Krissy's wedding. It was touristy and very commercialized but still really interesting. Our hotel was right across from the beach and was surfer chic - cheesy but bright and fresh.

It did absolutely pour on Sunday but I said a little prayer that it wouldn't rain on Krissy's wedding day and that I wouldn't spend my entire vacation in Hawaii in Seattle weather. The sun shone brightly the rest of the trip.

The wedding was nice. Small, but I think it was just what Krissy wanted. The reception was in a beautiful hotel with 2 lanais overlooking the ocean.

Before leaving the south end of the island, I hit up Diamond Head for beautiful views of Waikiki
and further south.

4 comments:

L said...

I want to visit Hawaii so badly! I can't wait to see more pictures. Thank goodness it didn't rain at her wedding.

as Always said...

Gorgeous photos.

I'm sincerely sorry about what happened. That is so shocking and unbelievable!

Courtney said...

Very pretty.

And very surreal to feel a mix of happiness for one friend's wedding and saddness for another's loss. You must be on quite a roller-coaster.

Anonymous said...

ahhh... so beautiful, that's where we spent our honeymoon.

I am so sad to hear about what happened, that is so tragic and no words I could say can begin to offer my condolences.