Saturday, December 08, 2007

From My Kitchen to Yours

OK, so I am certainly no Betty Crocker and most of my dinners are prepared in the microwave, but I can whip up a few concoctions in the kitchen. My latest creation made its debut at my holiday party last weekend. It certainly isn't healthy, but you can't eat carrots sticks all the time.

Courtesy of Rachael Ray (and the back of a wheat thins box), I give you...

Red Pepper Pesto Dip:

1 tub (8 oz) cream cheese spread
1 large red pepper, chopped
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 Tbsp. pesto sauce

Mix all together* and spread into an ovenproof dish. Bake in a preheated 350 deg oven for 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes and serve with crackers.

Very simple, but very delish!

*The cream cheese was a bit hard to mix so I just through all the ingredients together and let bake for 5 minutes before stirring it all up real well.

1 comment:

wegrit said...

Sounds tasty! If I knew the words for anything other than beer and "next station" I'd give it a try...