Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It’s Like She Could See Me

Shell and I were planning to make pizza and drink wine together last night. She was calling to iron out the details of who was to supply what, and when I’d get there.

Just before we got off the phone she casually mentioned that her new (male) roommate would be around.

“I mean, I am totally cool with whatever you wear over obviously. But he is going to be around. And well, he is cute. If you want to wear sweats, go with it, or I don’t know, you could… You know, first impressions… I’m just saying…”

It’s like she could see me through her phone, sitting there in my sweats that are so big that I have to hold them up if I move too fast - for fear of showing my bum – and my favorite sweatshirt – that you could probably fit two of me in.

I upgraded to my favorite jeans and a sweater. Casual, but cute.

And yeah, her roommate never made an appearance.


But the pizza was good.

1 comment:

s said...

hahaha that's what good friends are for!