His timing is impeccable. I don't know why I even checked my email one last time before turning off my computer. Once I saw the email from him, I couldn't not open it, despite the fact that a party was looming in the immediate future. His last email, which upset me more than I care to admit, was also just hours before a party I was hosting. What did he have to say, you ask?
K--
I have looked for your PE book in all my stuff that is in my house. I can't find it. I thought you took it back, but if you didn't, then it must have been packed away in storage. When the weather is better I will find it and return it (the storage is outside). Speaking of the weather, it is cold in eastern Washington and I am once again wearing sweatpants. You never responded if you still wore mine. Do you? If you don't, I would like them back. I am planning on being in Seattle in a week and would like to pick them up if they are not being used. If you are wearing them, though, I do not need them back. Sorry for breaking your no-contact wish, but you never responded to my questions in my last email. Thats all. Let me know.
- The Boy
Did he seriously email me about a pair of sweatpants!?!? WTF. I was upset that he emailed. I was upset what he emailed about. I was upset that I was upset. I was upset that I cried. And I was hosting a party in 60 minutes (although, I managed to pull the party off without a hitch), for which I had already applied (not waterproof) mascara! LP was my saving grace, dispensing advice and a listening ear despite being in Portland for the weekend. Actually making me laugh about what worthless f-ker he is.
So... I've deleted the email (it was hard because I do want to talk to him, and I do want to see him). The sweatpants are (have been) in a box under my bed, filled with all the other momentos from our relationship. But if he is going to contact me, when I have specifically said not to, about a pair of sweatpants (when he has a good job and is still living at home - not paying rent - and could certainly just go to the store and buy a new pair), I am not returning the damn pants. I am not replying to the email either, because honestly he doesn't even deserve a response.
And then of course the insecurities set in... Not so skinny anymore girl is defending her thesis on Friday. Is he coming to town to celebrate her finishing her masters? Will he actually go to her defense? God, I hope not - I don't know what I'd do if I ran into him in the hall. Will he be going out in my part of town? At the bar 2 blocks away?
Aughhhhhh! I hate that he can make me feel this way.
Another boy in my life also has impeccable timing. But we will save that story for Part 2.
Sunday, December 02, 2007
Really? Are You Serious? (Part 1)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
UGH. i feel your pain. my ex contacted me about a dolly (like the kind to lift heavy stuff with)... seriously? you called me because you want your dolly back? yeah, i may have shed a tear or two as well. AND didn't return his call.
Yuck! Seriously. My only advice is to look as amazing as you are next week so that if you were to run into him, you would feel great. This is the most sure way to not run into him...other that leaving the state or something! The Boy is stupid.
ugh guys seriously have the worst timing! i'm glad the party went well and i think you made the smart choice not responding to him.
YOu should set the sweatpants on fire, take a picture and send only the photo back in a reply. (wink).
What a loser.
i think katie has the best idea. :) boys are so stupid. they don't think before they do things. you were right to ignore him. he doesn't deserve a response.
Post a Comment