Wednesday, February 27, 2008

OCD or ADD, Take Your Pick

I click the "check mail" button obsessively. No new mail a minute ago, but maybe now? No wonder I can't get a thing done at work. It might be a problem.

I think of something new to google every five minutes.

Wikipedia is my best friend.

There is a reason I am not on Facebook or MySpace.

I would be so much more productive without the internet.

6 comments:

chloe said...

Wow. I thought I was the only one. Silly me. Always so egocentric.

L said...

I have thought the same exact thing! "Am I ADD?" Because everytime an email pops up, I HAVE to read it, cannot wait two minutes or I will die. And facebook and myspace are a huge drain on my time, so good for you in not joining. Although it IS a lot of fun. I tell myself "As long as you're getting your work done", but I still feel really bad sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever experienced an internet outage at work? All of the sudden it's like I don't know what to do with myself - "Hmm, maybe I'll go to Starbucks. Maybe I'll organize my paper clips."

I often wonder what people did when they were bored at work before the internet. Oh, right - they WORKED!

Jenny said...

I've decided that the internet is both the biggest help and hindrance to me finishing the writing of my thesis. I've figured out the only way to not procrastinate too much is to download all my papers then work somewhere that isn't connected (but that's getting increasingly hard).

TRS said...

I have the same problem! And I thought it was just me!

Camels & Chocolate said...

I agree on all accounts (except I do have a Facebook and MySpace account, but my life would probably be easier if I didnt!).