Thursday, March 20, 2008

New Attitude

My attitude has been pure poop the past few weeks. I am totally frusterated and want *someone* to make it better.

The only *someone* who can make it better is ME. (Note: I just noticed there is actually a ME in soMEone.)

I've said, to myself, to him, to our friends, that I've chosen to move forward and make the most of the next few months with Boston (p.s. thanks for all your words of wisdom on the subject, I took them all to heart). I knew when I started dating him what the situation was. Hell, at that point he was supposedly heading back at the end of February. But despite saying that I am ok with it, I've still be mopping around and feeling totally insecure. I am not thinking about it quite this way, but I can sorta see these next 5 months as an opportunity to develop this relationship into something that he can't walk away from. But... why wouldn't he want to walk away from a whiney, moody, insecure girl!?!?

So, as of yesterday afternoon, I am not going to be that girl. Best part about it all... I am NOT that girl. I am the spunky, energetic, always ready for a good time girl that he fell for in the first place - so it shouldn't be hard to project that attitude again.

I need to adjust my attitude in a few other areas as well. There are some friendships I have been neglecting and have been less than focused on my thesis. Nothing will be fixed overnight, but I know I, alone, am the key to regaining my healthy, happy attitude on life.

6 comments:

chloe said...

I remember that realization in my life; when I figured out that I was the common denominator in my problems. Good luck and don't give up.

Anonymous said...

Since today's the first day of Spring, it's very fitting for you to have a new attitude and outlook on life. Good luck...and hopefully the REAL sunshine will follow your new sunny attitude!

Michelle and the City said...

i am currently tackling the same type of attitude. i hope we can both overcome it!

wegrit said...

Yay! What a great attitude!

Camels & Chocolate said...

Dude, I had one of those days, moods yesterday. Congrats for recognizing it and vowing to change =)

Anonymous said...

You are definitely on the right track and you have such a terrific perspective: make the most of this time, then go on from there. This is a sucky situation that you are making the most out of... kudos!!!