Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Blue Skies, White Snow

We were in the mountains. No television, no internet, not even any cell phones. Just a cupboard full of boardgames.

But there was 45 inches of snow in the previous 5 days. And a hot tub. Plus good friends. And lots of beer.



I'm not fully convinced that it is time to say goodbye to the ski season, but if I that was how I had to end it, I'd go out with a smile.

(Note the little Where's Waldo in the 2nd picture. Ummm, yup. That is my boyfriend, moments before he launched himself off a 10+ foot cliff/cornice. Crazy? Or stupid? Take your pick.)

6 comments:

L said...

Wowwww. That is so breathtaking. Your boyfriend is nuts! :) It definitely sounds like a good way to end the season. Where were you? Up in Canada? Or WA?

Jenni said...

Beautiful! Where were you?

k said...

We spent the weekend at Mt Baker in the North Cascades.

Camels & Chocolate said...

Wait...you like to ski???? You don't say! =)

Hearts and Crafts said...

I am jealous! Although I love being able to say I have been to the beach every weekend for 2 months, I have all summer to do that... it would be really nice to see some mountains and snow for a change!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time...hopefully you won't mourn the end of ski season too long because the weather will turn Spring-like in Seattle soon? I hope? It better...no more of this snowing in Seattle in March business.