Monday, June 02, 2008

6 Days and Counting.

I’d honestly rather not write a post about how I am trying to pick up all the pieces. All the self-pitying bullshit has got to get old to anyone reading. But that is all there is to write about, because that it all I have been doing, figuring out how to pick up the pieces. You think I’d be good at it, I mean it has been less than a year since I did it last. At least I’ll spare you a story about the bedsores I’m well on my way to developing.

If any good is to come out of this, it would be the no-work diet I’ve found myself on. I lost 4 pounds last week. I wouldn’t doubt if I’ve lost the same this week. It is all quite simple. The thought of food makes me feel sick. I try to eat something because I know I should, and I feel even more sick. At some point I just stop thinking about food (quite a novelty for the girl who tends to thinks about food non-stop). But given the alternative – gallons of ice cream and subsequent inches on my thighs – I’ll take the weight loss.

I tried on a new dress last night for Laura and Max. Max told me I looked hot. Then he corrected himself, smokin’ hot. A compliment from my best friend’s husband is as good as any. And while he is at it, he can go ahead and tell Boston what he is missing out on.

Only downside is that I trained hard for a half-marathon that I am running in 6 days. It is a race that I have no desire to run now. Putting on my sneakers is torture. Add to the fact that I have no energy due to the lack of food I’ve been eating and I’m one big old running mess.

He’s not going to be there waiting at the finish line anymore, but I know he’ll look up the results. I know what he thinks I am capable of running. I almost feel like it would be more satisfying to let him see me fck it up, to have him feel like he was partially to blame for something he knows I worked so hard for. I won’t though.

6 days and counting (both forward and backward). Laura is forcing me to run tonight. And I will make myself eat lunch and dinner today.

6 comments:

L said...

I am so sorry. I wish that feeling wasn't familiar, but I remember what it's like to have no appetite. I used running as a big outlet actually, a good release. So yes, make yourself eat and run your heart out!

Jenni said...

I'm so sorry.

I know there's nothing anyone can say to make you feel better...but I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking good thoughts for you.

Hang in there.

Katie said...

Goo.

I always lost weight after a break up too. I never understood the desire to pig out on ice cream to heal a broken heart.

Anonymous said...

I also lose my appetite when I'm stressed. I hope you can get yourself out there running, though - you probably will feel better afterward.

Camels & Chocolate said...

Good luck! And eat something, woman! I know you'll do great. Eat good, hearty pasta the night before or a pizza with meat and lots of veggies...that's what I always eat the night before a race.

TRS said...

Oh. I feel for you. I really do.

Mr. Burns and I are going through a tough time - and there are days at a time that I get depressed over what seems like the inevitable end. I can't imagine what sort of mess I'll be when/if it ends. I'm already sort of isolating myself.

I hope you feel better. It must be hard - I've never had my heart broken before - but fissures hurt like hell. So I can only imagine.