Thursday, June 05, 2008

A Godsend

I was raised Catholic and attended a Catholic university. I believe in the premises of Christianity and understand the value of religion. Despite disagreeing with some of the beliefs of the Catholic Church and rarely attending mass nowadays, I still deep down consider myself a Catholic. I believe that at some point (probably when I have kids) I'll return to the Church.

That being said, I am more of a "free will" believer (as I think a good majority of Catholics are) than that of the "God will provide" mentality.

But it is hard to not think that Lan's arrival is not a Godsend. With my recent breakup, and more so the impending move of my best friend (who has made the past 5 years more meaningful than I could ever ask for), it is hard to not feel like my world is crumbling down around me. I haven't seen her yet. But I know she is here. Living just 10 measly blocks away (an 8 minute walk - I've timed it).

While she will never replace Laura, it is good to know that at a time when I don't feel like I can trust anyone, someone I cherish from my past has just walked back into my life.

A Godsend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! It's always good to have old friends back in your life on a regualar basis. And the timing couldn't be better.

I'm experiencing something similar right now - a good friend is moving back to Seattle next week for the first time since high school, basically, and I am soooo excited.

L said...

That's so great! I hope hanging out with her really eases the pain of losing two friends.