Honestly, it is amazing how fast the emotions running through my mind can up and change course in a matter of seconds. Almost anything can trigger a switch from up to down or down to up. It is a roller coaster ride that is emotionally draining.
Life certainly isn't roses right now, there is a bright side.
Yesterday I received word that I was awarded a fellowship (one that I didn't even apply for so someone must have said really nice things about me in order to convince the dean's office that I was worthy). It covers my tution for the next year, meaning my advisor doesn't have to pay it out of her budget, meaning she can pay me more. Score!
Then this morning there was an email I had anxiously been awaiting for a few days. Two weeks ago I submitted an abstract for a conference. It seemed like a longshot, but my advisor said she would fund me if my paper was accepted. I figured that it couldn't hurt to try. Well... I learned today that my paper was accepted and I'M GOING TO CYPRUS!!
Ummm, can you say excited!?!? Or should I say, EXCITED!?!?
No talk of the great experience to present at such a big conference, or the line on my cv, instead my advisor tells me that she expects a detailed photo journal of my trip. Ha - LOVE HER!
Given it is a 21 hour trip for a 3-day conference, I will obviously be extending my stay and exploring the island. Anyone want to join me!?!?
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Up. Down. Up. Down. UP!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
cyprus?? that's awesome!
THAT IS AMAZING!!! CONGRATS!!! You deserve some good news right about now. Cyprus -- now that's somewhere I've never been! When are you going?
If you're serious, depending on when you'll be there, the answer is a definite yes!
Holy crap, that is some serious good news on both accounts! Congrats!!!!
Huge congrats!
Pics to post from the trip are in order!
congratulations!!!
Yay! Super yay!
Good for you! so happy.
Wow! I would be ecstatic! I am so interested in visiting the Mediterranean. When are you going??
Post a Comment