My best-est from from the the days of barbies and Debbie Gibson was married last month. The affair, overlooking Manhattan, was extravagant and a total fairy tale for the bride. (And expensive for poor grad student bridesmaids like me!)
It was the complete opposite of what I want my wedding to be like.
Maybe it is because I met someone who was the first person I actually thought about a real future with (*sniffle*), but for whatever reason, I've spent a lot of time recently thinking about what I want my wedding to be like. I haven't been dreaming about it since I was little, so I was working with a blank canvas.
I want to get married in Mexico.
I want it to be small.
I want there to be lots of guacamole and margaritas. And fish tacos.
I want a simple dress, to show off my curves and that doesn't engulf me. Something I'm not likely to find in a bridal salon.
I don't want a bridal party. There are too many people that are important to me to single a few out. And make them buy dresses they might never wear again.
I want everyone to dance - yes everyone! And there will be some Justin Timberlake in the mix.
I want an amazing photographer.
Maybe I ought to work on snagging myself a boyfriend. And more importantly a boyfriend who doesn't say "I'm not sure I want to ever be married..."
9 comments:
That sounds like the best wedding ever!!
Maybe you should apply to be the next Bachelorette. ;)
Your wedding plan sounds lovely.
I'm torn between an elegant formal affair and a simple, casual yet elegant party.
But again - not so sure about the guy yet.
It's hard to want so badly to experience being a wife and mother - while God seems to be saying... "Uh, no honey."
Get out of my head! You are totally stealing my thoughts!
As a little girl my barbies were secret agents and drove around duck taped to RC cars. It never occured to me to plan mine or their weddings.
Now that I've met Ryan and some of my best friends have gotten married the thought of what I would like for my own has slowly crept into my consciousness.
You are totally describing the direction my thoughts have headed. A very simple flowy body skimming dress. A very small group of guests. A beach. Causal and happy and easy. :)
Or a weekend in Vegas where it accidentally happens.... :)
*duct
You'll find that guy and have that wedding, and I can't wait to read all about it when you do! Lately I've been thinking about what I want my wedding to be like - the only problem is that it would have to be in the summertime, but if I got engaged in the summertime, there is no way I'd wait an entire year to get married. Eight months tops. So hopefully the timing works out perfectly. :)
Not having a bridal party is the way to go. I LOVED not having to take care of that detail and not having to leave people out. Best of both worlds.
Good point Katie.
My friends are all foregoing (is that a word) the bridall party. We're a little too old to play dress up anymore. (late 30s)
I would just have my best friend as my maid of honor.
When I met Mr. Burns I told her to start saving pictures of her dream dress - and I'll buy it for her should the day arrive.
Only problem... she says her dream dress will have sleeves. She doesn't like her arms. I can't picture a formal dress with sleeves!!!
I could have written this. (Maybe minus the Timberlake, though.) :)
DUDE! Your wedding sounds awesome! Wanna trade? When your day finally does come STICK TO YOUR GUNS!!!!! You have no idea how many people try to push "their" idea of a perfect wedding on you. It's crazy making.
Post a Comment