The hit of the going-away party was most certainly the sangria.

Using the plethora of recipes I found at allrecipes, I mixed and matched to come up with, what I think, was the perfect recipe for sangria.
Ingredients:
Fruit (I used 2 kinds of apples and peaches. Thin slices of oranges/lemons/limes were also suggested)
1 cup rum
1/2 cup sugar
1 bottle red wine
1 cup orange juice

Directions:
01. Chop up fruit.
02. Soak fruit in rum and sugar for several hours (as the night wore on there was less soaking with each new batch)
03. Add wine and orange juice.
04. Stir.
05. ENJOY!
3 comments:
YUM! Btw, I finished my marathon! Post to come someday soon... =)
I love that the word splash is in quotation marks!
I LOVE Sangria but have never made it myself - I really need to get on that.
Post a Comment