(Author's Note: Tonight really isn't tonight. It is Friday night. But because blogger now lets you blog in advance, I can still "post" even though I am really soaking up the sun right now.)
The plan was to go out tonight. To enjoy the pacific northwest's finest brews. To stay out late tonight. Because my 10-hour flight leaves at 1pm (not bedtime) and arrives in Amsterdam at 8 am (wake up time).
Although I was tempted to stay home and watch the end of Win a Date with Tad Hamilton.
Well, I went out. And I drank. But I came home early. Because the friends I was with were a) mountain biking all day, b) up and out of bed at 5am thing morning (craaazy!), or c) lame. So I am back home, a bit tipsy, with nothing to do. But blog!
But at least they bought my beers. One for the Greek Cypriots. One for the Turkish Cypriots. And one for the masters degree (that whole margin debacle sorted it self out and I was approved for my degree - yay!) Yeah, almost drunk after just 3 beers. Sad.
Packing today. It was interesting. I had to plan my "business" outfits based on the heels I could wear without further damaging my heels - meaning one pair of brown wedges. And then I had to being 3 other pairs of shoes for the rest of the trip. 4 pairs of shoes for a 2-week trip, from the girl that brought 2 pairs on a 7-week trip. I blame it all on the knee!
But the bags are packed, (I'm ready to go. I'm standing here outside your door).
And now I am rambling... And I am sure this post is fascinating.
3 comments:
"But at least they bought my beers."
That is always a respectable highlight to any night.
You totally deserve a trip to an exotic country (even if it is work-related). I hope you have a blast!
I brought 6 pairs of shoes for 3 nights in Connecticut last weekend. You're fine. :)
Post a Comment