My mom - she is a shopaholic. She has been known to go to the mall 3 times in one day. She lives for sales. She is very passionate about her Christmas shopping.
Over the weekend she called and left a rather serious sounding message. I *needed* to get downtown and try on some boots so she would know what size I wore. While I don't want to hamper any present buying (especially considering how I can't even remember the last time I bought myself an article of clothing or a pair of footware), getting downtown to try on boots isn't as easy as it seems to my darling mother. I mean, seriously, I haven't been able to find the time to even get to the grocery store in the past few weeks (no wonder why I am losing weight - I have nothing to eat?!?!).
But alas, on Monday evening I took a little break from my school work and found myself downtown. I had a few minutes to spare before meeting Shell for a pre-concert drink and ducked into JCrew to try these babies on...
What I learned? First, that these really don't look all that cute on.
But more importantly, OMG my feet smell like something climbed into my shoes and died!! I've never known myself to have stinky feet, put as I shrugged my shoes off, this gawd-awful smell permeated through the entire shoe section!! After trying on the boots and getting dagger eyes from the sales girl, I couldn't get my kicks back on and get out of the store fast enough.
And ever since, I've been haunted by the lingering funky-feet smell despite numerous good scrubbings. I think I might have pulled a muscle this morning, trying to figure out if they really did smell or if it was just my imagination! When? Why? How did this happen?
Anyone else have stinky feet? How do you take care of the problem?
Oh - and while I wasn't a fan of the JCrew boots, I think I am digging these 2 pairs. What do you think?


6 comments:
I like all three, but probably most of all the brouwn pair with all the fasteners. Very cute Sorry that the first pair doesn't look great on. And I've had this stinky shoe thing happen a couple times, even though my feet do not get smelly - some shoes just get stinky and I've wound up getting rid of them.
Oh no! I wonder why they smell all of a sudden! Maybe it's a hormonal thing? I blame everything on that.
Too bad those boots didn't look cute on. I tried on some similar ones, and they made my feet look big. But I found some I LOVE at Steve Madden.
i think they're all cute!
Your mom and I are kindred spirits.
Also, Macys.com is having an amazing boot sale right now. Seriously, why are you still here? Head over there now!
I like the ones on the left. It's the straps, I think.
I have two pairs of shoes that make my feet STINK to high heaven. One is a pair of tevas. (How open strappy shoes can cause your feet to stink is beyond me!)
But anyway - I'd blame the shoes, and not your feet. :)
Also - both pairs of brown boots are ADORABLE!!!!! I'm totally adding boots to my christmas wish list.
Post a Comment