I'm not an overly political person. But I've voted in every election since I've turned 18 (that means 12, not just 3). I try to vote responsibly, taking the time to learn about what/who I am voting for. I vote because I can, but not because I am overly passionate about the political system.
But I cried today, when it was all said and done. I cried because our country is in the crapper - in more ways than one. And we need real change, a new voice, strong leadership; and I believe we might have found it. Once again, I'll be proud to say I am American.
And let me say, it was nice to cry for once because I am happy.
(A big shout-out to my (85-year old, Catholic) Grandma and her "lady-friends" in Pennsylvania!)
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Tears
Labels:
life or something like it
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
i felt the exact same way.
totally!
It was amazing!
I was so jealous of all you on the west coast who got to find out at a "decent hour". I was so freaking tired/excited waiting for the polls to close in some states at 11pm est. Ah, the anticipation! It was such a good night!
I am happy it is over! We can move on to the change that is needed finally.
I *never* cry and I actually teared up at Obama's speech because for the first time, I am truly hopeful for the future that is being built for me. We have a lot of potential in front of us!
i cried watching the speech in grant park, and then i read the transcript of it again yesterday, and was brought to tears again.
like you, i am not overly political either, but i am so, so happy that our country is finally going to move in a positive direction.
I still get teary-eyed when I think about it. :D
I'm in tears too - though not with excitement.
I'm a little terrified of what this presidency is going to bring.
Post a Comment