Friday, July 17, 2009

First Stop, Copenhagen

(By the way - I have just about had it with blogger and lining up (or really not lining up) my pictures in my post!)

Well, that is not quite true. Before Copenhagen I was in Portland, Providence, and Boston - all wonderful cities, but just not quite as exciting or exotic as the second half of my vacation.

I had not done a spec of planning for my time in Copenhagen. So untypical for me. Instead I let KC, who had been living there for 6 months, play tour guide and show me her Copenhagen.

We did a lot of walking around the city.
























































And spent an afternoon sailing!
































Which included some swimming. There was a bit of a heat wave going on.


















We BBQ'd for the 4th. And taught some Danes how to make s'mores.























We rode bikes (without helmets!?!?). And played volleyball. And ate ice cream.




Actually, we ate a lot of ice cream!

5 comments:

justrun said...

That's awesome! Can't wait for more!

Camels & Chocolate said...

Oh my gosh, when I lived in Europe, I had my mom mail us a whole box of s'mores fixings because my European friends had never had them and were dying to try them. Now they're all obsessed, so whenever I go back to visit, I take graham crackers (since you can get marshmallows abroad but not usually the grahams).

Also, I hated Blogger's photo uploading, which is why I switched to Wordpress--it's SO easy, it has an auto-import button that imports all your posts from Blogger in like 10 minutes!

L said...

You're such a good photographer! I still love those couple of pics you took with my camera in Seattle. I got frustrated with blogger's uploading, too so now I use flickr. It IS one extra step, but I love the bigger pictures and look of it. Copenhagen looks like so much fun!

Alison said...

I love your pictures! And I love Copenhagen!

Did you get to visit Christiania, or the Carlsberg brewery? I am slightly obsessed with Carlsberg beer.

Anonymous said...

Love it! I really love all your photos (the orange wall & bike- fun!).