Saturday, May 05, 2007

The Last Half of the Week

The beginning of the week must have been most uneventful because I can't remember what I did.

Wednesday night I got drunk courtesy of the graduate school senate social here at school. I wasn't intending to get drunk, but there was a plethora of beer and limited grub. Bad situation when you are counting on the social to provide you with dinner. Perfect timing though as I was walking to the bus and ran into The Boy leaving class. To make up for calling me several times in the middle of the night last Saturday/Sunday, he drove me home. He pointed out that I have a bad habit of getting drunk on Wednesday nights near his house and then requiring a ride home after his class when all he really wants to do is go home to eat and watch SouthPark. But really, how am I supposed to control all those drink specials on Wednesday nights, I mean the best pizza joint has PBRs for a buck on Wednesday - can't resist that!! :)

Thursday was our 6 month anniversary. The Boy thought it was silly to celebrate, but I think the first 6 months are the toughest, and should at least be acknowledged. I went over after class and we had a phenomenal evening, doing nothing. It was one of the best nights in a long time. MK was in town and we had planned to meet up. She ended up having to do dinner with her co-workers and by the time she called at 10 I was having serious thoughts about just bagging it. But I ended up meeting her out and was super glad that I did (if you read her blog, she may post a picture or two). It was great to meet someone that I felt like I already knew. Unfortunately we were both pretty tired and headed to bed pretty early. But maybe she'll have to head out to Seattle for work again sometime soon! Or maybe something will send me to Florida.

(Oh yeah, I also had an internship interview - for which I was offered my job. Cool job, except for the fact that it is 40 miles away! I hopefully will have another interview for a job much closer to home this week.)

Friday there was a civ-e bbq after school. Being big, tough grad students, we scammed in for free and had numerous beers and burgers. The people in my program... while they will never be my best friends, are super nice and great to talk to. I'm sad that many of them (including my boyfriend**) will be leaving in just a few weeks. After the bbq, The Boy and I headed to my house and then walked to a cute little Italian restaurant near my house. We celebrated our anniversary and the scholarship I received a few months ago. I had a delish smoked salmon ravioli with a creamy pesto sauce. We are determined to make our own pesto sauce because we loved it so much. We walked home under the stars, stopping at PCC and spending a good 30 minutes walking around checking out all the yummy (and expensive!) organic foods.

So far the weekend has proven to be exciting. I even have pictures. Details to follow...

** The Boy has been officially "working" this entire school year his company (or really agency) has paid for school and still paid his salary. In return he owes them 3 years of work. There are offices all over the state, but his home office is small and does diverse work. When it comes down to it, making the decision to go back there was the smartest career-wise, even though his friends (and me) are here in Seattle. He also is paid the same regardless of where he works and the cost of living is much less back home. So that means that The Boy is moving 3 1/2 hours away in just 5 weeks. I'm obviously devastated, but trying to hold it together to enjoy the time we have left together. We plan to stay together, but of course there are no guarantees. All I can do is try to keep it together (which is hard, I had a breakdown today) and hope for the best.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Oh, sorry to hear The Boy is moving so far away. I'm sure you can make it work though!

Courtney said...

6 months already!?!? Wow! time flies!

Fingers crossed that the long distance thing works. At least it's only 3 1/2 hours away... could be all the way across the country! :(

Still, bummer.