I think I am going to take a break from blogging for a while. My life is just a big mess right now and while I feel like blogging could be a good outlet for all my problems, it tends to feel like an obligation instead. Don't you worry - I'll still be reading blogs (how could I not, I'm totally intertwined into the lives of all you guys!), and my email still works... And if anyone wants to go to Hawaii in early November - I've got an extra bed (seriously, I think).
I just think that I should make a conscious decision to give it a break instead of letting my blog die a sad death. And hopefully when I get my life back in order, I'll be back.
But before I go, just a quick little update on recent events in this crazy little thing called life. I broke down earlier in the week, calling my parents in tears. They were shocked, having no idea that I had been a mess for so long. In addition to drama with The Boy, the weather has been unbelievably shitty this summer, I hate getting up every morning for my internship, and while my friends have been great - friendships are just evolving and things are changing. For the first time in 6 years, I am unhappy here in Seattle. I'm up one day and down the next and it is emotionally and physically (I haven't had a good night's sleep in weeks, months) tolling. I hated putting my parents in the position where they feel so helpless, being 3000 miles away, but I think it was for the best. Letting them into my problems has made me feel better. Everything still sucks, but I know given some time, things will get better.
The Boy's email threw me for a whirl. On the advice of Shell (who just returned from her summer in Alaska - I'm so glad she is back!), I ended up calling him and we talked for over an hour. I then sent "one last" email which he returned yesterday morning. After many tears (the story of my life nowadays), I've determined that he just doesn't get it, and maybe he never will. It is still hard though. It hurts to love someone that doesn't love you back.
Now here is the part where you can just shake your head and chuckle... we had a party last night and an old bedroom romp showed up. It was a bit awkward at first - Bike Boy told me later he was really nervous about showing up (he claims that I told him not to call me after the last hookup - which I certainly don't remember, but I was never really upset that he never called anyway), but once his friend passed out on the steps, we had something to break the ice and fell into comfortable conversation. If anyone had told me at as late as 9pm last night that I would have kissed a boy, I would have laughed in their face. But after lots of talking and looking at pictures (during which time we completely sobered up), we ended up kissing and he spent the night. There was nothing more than kissing and cuddling, but it felt good. I felt good for the first time in months. It is all kind of confusing to me. I don't know what I want, what I need... but I was honest with him about my "situation" so I guess we will just see where it goes. He is a really nice guy and really fun to talk with - I enjoyed his company immensely last night. Ahh, what the h*ll am I doing.
At least I'm (temporarily) going out with a bang!
Sunday, August 26, 2007
A Break
Labels:
change,
life,
The Boy,
the future
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
I always, always, always have felt that a little loving distraction goes a LONG way in getting over an old romance. Just the physical act of touching someone and being close to them is so healing (in my opinion).
I will miss you during your blogging break. I have become addicted to your blog in the past couple months, you are such a great communicator with your emotions. I love the way you reason. And I am very, very sad for what you are going through :(
Please update occasionally!!
i agree with gff. sometimes touching someone is what we need. it really does seem to help. i'm going to miss you too. i'm really sad for you right now. i hope you come back soon!
I'll miss reading your life. Hope you get things figured out soon and blogging feels like less of a chore. I only get to see the Pacific Northwest through your eyes...
I think if you need a break - take one. I took one awhile ago and I was surprised how fast I missed it and when I went back it no longer felt like a chore!
On the boy note - keeping busy is the best way I've found to heal. Keep yourself busy the majority of the time. Friends, hobbies, self improvement, school, some mr. wrongs thrown in for distraction . . and then every so often when you feel the need take the time to grieve the relationsip.
Mmmm making out . . .
That's cool, k. You can take a break, but don't give it up forever. What will I do everymorning in my cubical without you?
Come down to Colorado and we'll go on a backpacking trip.
it's funny, but i think i'll miss you too, k. reg. the boy, i totally understand and agree :) have fun, and don't think too much...
I'm sad to see you go, even if only temporarily. But you shouldn't blog out of obligation, and you have other things to focus on right now.
I'm sorry for the pain you're feeling right now, because I've felt it before. I've loved without being loved back, and I hope it never happens again. I don't know what words of advice to offer regarding the grieving process. I tried so many things to deal with the pain, but it was only when I turned to the Lord that my heart was healed.
It's sad that a place you've loved so much doesn't feel the same anymore. I hope someday you'll love life in Seattle again. I'll be anxiously awaiting your return to the blogosphere!
i'll miss you while you are gone. i think at some point we have all been where you are, breaking up with someone really throws everything for a loop. sometimes, just keep busy, try to find new things to do, i'm sure you will fall in love with seattle all over again. i think i've always found myself hooking up with someone pretty soon after a breakup. sometimes it just feels good to be wanted. xo
:(
I totally understand the healing power of touch. There's nothing like skin on skin.
I'll be missing you while you break... I think this summer has been pretty busy for lots of us... when fall comes back and the weather gets chilly we'll all be more in the mood to cuddle up with the computer and dish about our lives. In the mean time - I'LL MISS YOU!!!
I haven't visited lately, but I just stopped by and briefly caught up on what's been going on. I'm sorry about the boy...I truly understand what you're going through...as I am in a very similar situation right now. Loving someone who doesn't love you back is quite possibly the worst feeling in the world. It sounds cliche, but keep you chin up...it will, so they say, get better. I'll be thinking of you.
just checking in, i hope all is well! i was going to shoot you an email and see how everything was going, but i misplaced your email address, bummer. i hope you are doing well, miss you over here in blog world.
I'm also just stopping by to make sure everything is going alright.
I miss your adventures!
I just found you and think I will be reading your archives! Hope that things are going better and look forward to the day you decide to write again!
Post a Comment