My 30th birthday came and went last week. In honor of that, here are 30 random things about moi:
1. I have a scar on my bum from when I "bumped" down the stairs on my rear, landed on a glass, and got 13 stiches. No, you can't see it.
2. I've broken my right arm twice, both in random accidents, within 18 months of each other. Once via soccer ball and once via bike (I finished the soccer game and rode 30+ miles before I sought medical attention).
3. I have been to 43 states (just the airport doesn't count!) and will visit the 44th in May.
4. I don't like to drive but did a 15-day, 5200-mile solo cross-country trip. It was incredible.
5. I once drove to North Dakota, just cause.
6. Hot tamales are my favorite candy.
7. I don't know how to cook. I blame it on my mother because she once grounded me from the kitchen after I set a grilled cheese on fire.
8. I don't know where I will end up living when I "grow up" but near the mountains is a requirement.
9. Skiing is my favorite outdoor activity. I went 25 times last year. I wanted to top that this year, but I don't think I will. I am at 7 times so far, with plans for an 8th tomorrow.
10. My family moved the summer before my senior year of high school. Although I could have stayed in NY with friends, I moved to Virginia and graduated from high school there. My family moved back to NY the next year.
11. I've run since 2004. I started running with an acquaintance who turned into a really good friend. And I've strengthen many other friendships because of running.
12. I'm afraid of the dark, guns, and big dogs.
13. I want to travel to Peru.
14. I'm going to travel to Norway this summer.
15. I HATE eggs. Just the smell makes me nauseous.
16. I have a slight adversion to showers. No one has ever accused me of smelling though.
17. I have a spreadsheet which lists what I have done every weekend since May 2002. I started it to make sure I made the most of every weekend but now I keep it up because it is fun to look back at and remember all the good times.
18. The spreadsheet also tracks my skiing and running. I really like spreadsheets.
19. I have tickets to the Vancouver Winter Olympics.
20. I talk really fast when I am excited. I even went to speech class in 4th grade to try and correct it. It did not work.
21. I shared a room (even when we had to option to have our own rooms) with my randomly assigned freshman year roommate for all 4 years of college. I'm going to be a bridesmaid in her wedding this summer.
22. I decided to move to Seattle before I had ever been here. It was a good decision.
23. I have volunteered with Habitat for Humanity for 8 years. A couple months ago, the retired contractor who runs the site had me supervise a bunch of new volunteers. It was awesome to realize that I had earned his respect enough for him to put me in charge.
24. I once won grand prize in a contest to win tickets to see N’Sync. I was 22 at the time.
25. I was attacked by a swarm of bees when I was 17 and was stung about 30 times. It was the most painful thing I've ever experienced.
26. I recently started teaching and I am now certain that I want to be a professor.
27. I often don't think I am smart enough to get a PhD. But other people think I am so I just hope they know best.
28. I worry way too much about silly things.
29. I still have polish on my 2 big toes from a pedicure in September. I'm too lazy to take it off.
30. I will run an endurance race this summer. I'm just not yet sure what and where.
Tuesday, February 03, 2009
30 for 30
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
happy belated birthday!!!
Fascinating list! I feel so boring... I have a lot to do for my 30 list in only 9 months!
Happy Birthday!
Hot tamales are my faves!
You're going to Norway??? AWESOME. Even after living in Denmark, I never made it there (too pricey), despite the proximity and that it's been at the top of my list for ages.
How cool that you're going to the Olympics!
I'm tempted to drive to North Dakota just cause, considering it would be my 45 state.
And happy late birthday!!!
Wow, you get around! How was 30 for you? I struggled with it. You had an interesting list and I loved it. Look forward to reading more!
Happy Late Birthday. I love hot tamales as well. And wow tickets to the Olympics. How cool!
Post a Comment