I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I only have 16 things on my to-do list (granted some of those “things” include a 20-page paper). Life being so busy has its pluses and minuses, and in general I can’t complain (too much).
Plus, I have trips to Portland, the UP, Boston, and Norway to look forward to. And I plan to climb my first real mountain this summer. Maybe even two!
But what I really want to talk about today is how people bug the hell out of me on Valentine’s Day. As a single gal, you probably think I am talking about all those lovey-dovey couple, but no… I’m talking about all you other single people out there who moan and groan about being lonely on Valentine’s Day, and how it sucks that the holiday is only focused on those who are part of a couple, and blah blah blah, blah blah.
Well, guess what?? You only feel like crap on this day because you get yourself get all worked up about it and you let yourself feel like crap. I am not going to feel any different tomorrow than I did last year when I had a boyfriend, or any different than I feel today. Sure I want someone to love me, don’t we all, but I am not fixated* on it. I think if I were, I’d be an even bigger Debbie downer than I currently am. And who wants to love a Debbie downer anyway?
So if you are single tomorrow and down about it – do yourself a favor and remember that it is no different than any other day. If you want to feel some love, give your mom a call because she loves you unconditionally. Or, if you are in Seattle, come to a kick ass party with me tomorrow night. Singles and couples welcome.
* Maybe fixated on a certain situation – I won’t deny that, although I recovered from my little break down a few weeks ago.
2 comments:
If I were going to be anywhere near Seattle, I'd totally join you! Alas, I'll be doing research. You know, same as today. And yesterday. And pretty much every day between now and my trip to Sweden at the end of April!
Glad to hear you're recovering from the crappiness of your situation!
I agree, I don't like the complaining. It really is just another day, and I'm perfectly content to call my mom. :)
Post a Comment