Sunday, December 25, 2005

High School Confessions

On Friday night I went out with my 2 best friends from home. We hit up a bar just down the street and ran into a few other people we went to high school with. I went to a pretty small high school (about 100 people in my class) where people rarely moved away or movied into the district so we basically have all known each other since we were 5. There were definitely distinct social circles but my high school wasn't very cliquey and pretty much everyone was friends with one another. One of the guys from high school I ran into was certainly not in my social circle. I was the smart, school spirited, do-gooder in high school while he was the pot-smoking, tree hugger who could care less about school. We had mutual friends but I don't think I've ever had a conversation with him until Friday night. He informed me that he always though I was "smokin' hott" in high school but was way too intimidated by me to even approach me. I totally appreciated the compliment - and told him that - but found it so funny... The pothead who once *forgot* how to spell his last name (McBride - tough one huh?) had a thing for the class valedictorian. Isn't that the basis for several 80's movies?

(12-26-05: After rereading my post, I realized it kinda sounded like I was saying I was too good for this guy. This is so not the case - we just are so different and that is what I found funny about the whole "confession." So I thought I should at least add that he is rather good-looking himself and if anything I would have thought he was too cool, not too intimidated, to talk to me.)

No comments: