Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Home Sweet Home Take 2

It is good to be back. I always make sure I don’t spend too much time in NY because I love my family and my hometown but I want to keep it that way! Monday was spent playing with my nephew and hanging out with my brother. My mom and I did go shopping but it was horribly disappointing. I only came home with one shirt, which wasn’t even on sale! Monday night, Jules came over and we headed out to the hot tub for a little (okay a lot of) girl talk. The snow was falling which makes for perfect hot tubbing! All day yesterday was spent traveling, but I am reading a great book (The Historian) so the 2 hour flight to Chicago, 3 hour layover and 4+ hour flight to Seattle could have been a lot worse.

Work is pretty boring today and time is crawling by, but it is only a 3 day week before a 3 day weekend and another (less than) 3 day week and then a ski trip to Utah. So honestly I can’t complain. None of my friends are around (except Krissy who is really sick so I am staying away from her) so I am going to be able to take care of a lot around the “house” without many social distractions. After all the stimulation of family members and friends, I am ready to spend a few days focusing on me. I also have two movies waiting for me (I am still in the honeymoon phase with my netflix account). I have nothing major on tap for the long weekend. On one hand I feel guilty not taking advantage of the 3 days off (I can’t think of the last time I spend a 3 day weekend in Seattle); but on the other after being away last weekend and going away next weekend, I really could make good use of my time off here in Seattle. Hopefully we’ll get a dump of snow too so I can head up to the mountains on Monday! Fingers crossed!

Okay, I’m just rambling now so I need to sign off… Maybe you’ll get to see some pictures tonight if you are lucky (and I am not too lazy!).

1 comment:

wegrit said...

Someone else recommended that book to me recently. Must be a good read! I'll have to check it out.