I had so much trouble waking up this morning. I think my body was subconsciously rebelling against the end of summer vacation or something like that. I did make it out of the house though and over to campus to meet with my advisor. She is great! She is just a few years older than me – fun and incredibly smart. She overloaded my brain with many research subject ideas. It was pretty overwhelming, but I have a week to think about it (and discuss with my mom of course) before deciding which route I want to take. I only have one class tomorrow so it should be a pretty low key first day of school. I only wish I was in my new house already. I want to organize my room, and repaint my dressers, and just get settled while I have so much free time. I am going to bring the cds of all my pictures from Europe in to the lab and get started with adding them to my blog and to picture albums for all my family and friends.
Speaking of getting settled, I swear a friend of mine is holding my bed hostage! She and her fiancĂ© offered their garage to store my bed and couch in over the summer. I am moving in on Sunday, but they are getting married (and then going on a 2 ½ week honeymoon after) on Saturday. They have a truck and live 1.62 miles (6 minutes) away so I asked via email if they could help me move the mattress anytime last weekend of an evening early this week. No response. I sent a second email yesterday. No response. Hello? I know you are at work and I know that you are getting my emails. If you aren’t willing to help move the bed, at least tell me that and I can figure out some other way to get the bed, but you need to help me out here. The other thing is I know they want the stuff out of their garage, but I can’t get it out if you don’t communicate about it
On a happier note, a friend of mine coaches a rowing class and last night I got to ride along on the launch with her while she coached. It was a gorgeous night. It was balmy and the sky was streaked with beautiful colors. I took some pictures with my phone (I always forget my good camera whenever I go out with her) but I can’t figure out how to email them to myself. In addition to a fun boat ride, I ran into Mully at the boathouse, this guy I’ve always had a little crush on, and learned he is back in Seattle and is having major problems with the girlfriend (who is still back on the east coast). Hmmm…
Now I am off to spend my last afternoon of freedom at the DMV, renewing my car registration. Such fun!
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
A Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
UGH!!! I have NOT been able to get out of bed lately too!!! Def. rebelling against the end of summer. :(
Hope your first day of classes went well. I skipped mine today! I can't believe how late you're starting. We've been in session since the last week in August.
Ooh, I really want to learn how to row! Sounds like a lot of fun. And thank goodness for more cute boys to keep the mind off BMG.
Post a Comment