I've been busy, yet totally unbusy all at the same time. I'm hoping now that I am kinda, sorta moved in, that I'll be able to get into a more normal schedule. A little recap of the last few days...
Friday:
I had just 2 classes and then had to rush over to my friends' house to move my bed over to my new house. For all my bitching, I do appreciate it that he squeezed me in between picking up a groomsman at the airport and going to the rehearsal. After the bed moving, I headed back to campus for a little department gathering and happy hour at a bar in the u-district. I got to talk more with the new grad students and met a handful of 2nd and 3rd year students. After the first happy hour, I headed to a second happy hour to catch up with a few friends I hadn't seen since I had been back. Let me just say, I love cheap beer and cheap food!
Saturday:
The whole day was consumed by the wedding. We slept in and then spent a good portion of the morning getting ready for the afternoon wedding. I made the mistake of not eating all that much, which unfortunately did me in later in the evening. The wedding was great though, the bride did a great job putting it all together without spending all that much money (and I especially loved that the groom gave a toast to thank her for all her hard work!). I had to be sent home early though. I don't know what happened, I did not have that much to drink but before I knew it, dinner was coming back up. It was absolutely horrible, I was so horribly drunk, and I have no idea how it happened!
Sunday:
Moving day! Although I did more roommate bonding that actual moving. I got my bed set up and unloaded the car. I was heading to lunch and then to my storage unit when BMG asked me to join him for (a looong) lunch. When we got back L and S (my other 2 roommates) were heading to Ikea and I actually wanted something specific there so I just had to join them. I did my homework in front of the TV, watching football and drinking a beer with BMG, his friend and L (and actually got the homework done in record time), and hit the sack early.
Monday:
I faced the fact that it was time to brave my storage unit. It was a bit overwhelming at first, but once I got into it, I figured out what to take and what to leave there. Taking a good look at BMG's room (where I am moving when he moves), I have a better idea of what I can fit in there. Monday night I did some more roommate bonding, watching football first at home and then over at ILC's house with BMG and L. After the game we all (yes, including the guys) sat through 2 hours of the Bachelor! It was a great time, laughing at all the lushes, getting a big kick out of that one girl who made the funniest faces and picking our favorites (Sadie).
Today:
I started off my day with lunch with ILC (reason #1 grad school is cooler than working: lunch starts off the day). I only had one class today and as I walked up to the classroom, that cute guy in my department was standing in front of the door waiting to walk in as well. He had a big smile on his face as we reintroduced ourselves. We ended up sitting next to each other and chatted it up till class started. He is a bit younger than me (not going to divulge just how young just yet) but really nice. After class I met Shell for a quick run and then just spent the rest of the evening catching up on my blog, working on uploading Europe pictures and cleaning my already messy room.
I've just completely my first full week of grad school, all in all I have no complaints!
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
MIA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Grad school does sound great so far. And a cute boy in your class? Nice.
yay, cute boys- i'm extra interested in everyone else's cute boys since currently i am not allowed to have any of my own- ha. i'm glad you are already loving grad school.
sadie is my favorite too! i liked her from the minute she got out of the limo. you've had a busy last few days!!
Post a Comment