I went to buy a 6-pack today. As I neared the front of the line I realized that my id was still sitting in the pocket of the vest I wore last night. I've been constantly reminded recently how I am "almost 30" so surely I wouldn't get id-ed! I can't remember the last time I was.
But wouldn't you know it.
"Can I see some id miss?"
I know I turned bright red as I stammered that I didn't have it.
I walked out empty handed and just stuck with d.coke during the game.
Sunday, February 04, 2007
Red in the Face
Labels:
life or something like it
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Outside of the fact that you had no beer, I'm not sure it's such a bad thing that you were IDed.
Congrats!
i've been in somewhat the same situation before. i had a friend pick me up for a night out in chattanooga and when we were almost there i remembered i forgot my id! we had to drive all the way back to my place.
Same thing happened to me at a club a few weeks back... but the guy let me in without my ID... and then I felt old looking.
you must have been annoyed leaving empty handed but im sure it brought a smile to your face after the fact!
NewGirl and I (because we're running short on time and are still at work) have made an executive decision to bring fruit dip: 1 c sour cream, 1/4 c brown sugar, and 2 tsp vanilla.
Post a Comment