I did manage to pull myself together and enjoy my holiday party on Saturday night. As the evening was winding down, only my close friends remained and we all gathered around in the living room first playing C*tch Phrase, then just joking around.
My friend, Drew, and I were laughing our asses off at sassy text messages from LP in Portland, who was wishing she was at the party with us. In the midst of this text message blitz, I received one from a number I didn't recognize.
(12:23 am)
206-779-XXXX: How are you?
me: Who are you?
206-779-XXXX: Good.
me: No, WHO are you?
(pause in text message action)
206-779-XXXX: Bike Boy
me: Oh, I deleted your # from my phone so I was confused. Confused and a bit drunk.
206-779-XXXX: You been good?
*Phone is stolen by Drew because he is mad that I am no longer laughing about LP's messages with him.*
20 minutes later...
me: Sorry, phone was stolen and has just been recovered. I'm good...
End of Conversation.
WTF!?!? Random! Why is he texting me out of the blue?
BACKSTORY: Bike Boy and I hooked up after the last party at my house, the day of the last email from The Boy (deja vu?). We then went on a few dates (for lack of a better word), and made out some more. I thought it was going well. I wanted something casual, something to make me feel good. He wanted something casual, he was making me feel good. Then one day he just starts brushing me off: taking forever to respond to text messages and never picking up the phone when I called and then responding via text. I got the picture fast, and was pissed. I didn't care so much about him. He is really hott and fun to be with, but not a total catch or someone you'd want to be with for the long haul. But I just thought it was really rude to just totally diss me like that, without at least saying hey - I think we should just be friends or something. Being our mutual friend, BMG got in the middle of it (and hated every moment of it) but validated my arguement, saying that he thought Bike Boy was being immature, didn't handle it well, and actually really misinterpreted what I wanted out of the relationship anyway (what he wanted and what I wanted were actually rather compatiable). I got over it, forgot it... But on that fateful night, I sent Bike Boy a handful of drunken text messages, which lead to me deleting his number so that never happened again.
Fast-forward to this weekend... Booty call? Why else would he randomly text me on a Saturday night when I know he was drunk (he was out with BMG, who had been over earlier) and he suspected I was drunk. Guess he realized he'd probably get denied when I admitted that I had deleted his number. Ha! I just wish I could have actually said - been there, done that, won't do it again... No word from him since though.
OK, so I will admit to you ladies, and you ladies only, that I was glad that I had a houseful of friends with me, and a friend spending the night, so I wasn't tempted to act on this whole attempted booty call. I did think about it - I can't help it, I was in a vulnerable place and as far as booty calls go, it would have been good! But once again, thank goodness for friends.
It all makes for a funny story, which is often what I feel my life is all about. Ahhh.
SWEATPANTS UPDATE: I mailed them to him this afternoon. No email, no note in the package - just the pants. He should get them tomorrow or the next day. I feel very content with this decision. It shows I read his email and was respectful enough to return what was his, but don't want to talk to him and didn't give him any insight into my current state of well-being. I am happy to have that behind me, and will just make damn sure I look my best on Friday in case I happen to run into him. Let's hope I don't though, ok?
Monday, December 03, 2007
Really? Are You Serious? (Part 2)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think mailing the pants with no comment is exactly the right way to handle it. Glad you were still able to enjoy the party!
a) I so understand the temptation of the bootycall.
b) I will be hoping for you on Friday, too.
c) You are rad!
Good move to not include a note, etc. And I hope you don't run into him either, so you can enjoy yourself and not have to deal with the emotions that would come with seeing him!
what is it with guys like that? UGH. i got ANOTHER text today from FF (which stands for firefighter by the way). "how you doing?"
who are you joey from friends? i didn't respond. if you want to talk to me, call me. that is all :)
Post a Comment