I don't know what to do - I couldn't ask for anything more in our relationship as it is today, but as it stands now he is going to break my heart 5 months from now when he gets into the car and goes back to Boston. I am well aware of what the future holds, yet I'll somehow still let him have a pice of my heart? I want to be with him, but how do I handle this on a daily basis? How do I deal with knowing that I might get hurt, yet still give this relationship my all? Why does it have to be this hard?
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Ugh, what a hard situation to be in. Is he/are you totally opposed to doing long-distance?
You know the answer to this.
You can't live your life afraid of what MIGHT happen. You'll miss out on what IS happening. Give it your all, or you'll regret it.
If you get hurt you'll get over it. You've done it before.
I have a friend in a similar situation. They've been together while in school, but come graduation time this Spring, they'll be living on opposite sides of the country. Plus they're just at different places in their lives and don't think maintaining a long-distance relationship would work. Even though they came to this realization in January, they decided to stay together until then because they think it would be harder to end it just because of that.
Anyway...that's a tough situation, whatever you end up doing. I would hope you can at least enjoy your time together while he's still here.
live in the moment. :)
so i was once in a similar situation and someone sent me this quote, "live everything, live the questions". don't spend the next 5 months thinking about the 5 months after that. i know it's hard, but really you'll have enough time to be worried then, why bother being worried now too? and hey, you just never know!!
I am in this exact boat at the moment. If you figure it out, let me know. It's hard to let someone in and be okay with being transparent when you know your heart will be broken soon. Wish I had the answer...
So you've been dating about what... 4 months at this point? You have 5 months of togetherness from here on out?
I agree. Live in the moment. A lot can happen in 5 months. You may both be that much more certain that you belong together - or that much more certain that you don't.
My BF and I have been together a year - I'm certain I've found my hubby... he is not that certain yet.
He stayed at my house last night... this morning when he left for work and kissed me goodbye, I was still delirious with sleep and a headache that lasted all night... I mumbled, "I love you." He replied, "Thank you."
My point is.... you don't know where you will both be in 5 months. But in 5 months you will. Deal with it then.
I echo what others have said live for the moment, you never know where life is going to lead you.
The first thing that came into my head when I read your post was "Tis better to have loved and lost Than never to have loved at all." (Alfred, Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam) Its clichéd but explains somewhat to me why I'm emotionally invested in my current similar but distance-wise different situation.
You never know how things will pan out. I think SVV and I are perfect testament of that. He didn't want to get too involved with me either because when we started dating, there was only about 7 months left before we were both going back to our respective coasts. When we did head back to the States, neither of us expected to stay together (3,000 miles is a long way, it seems to most). Two years later, we're living together in California, and I would have NEVER predicted that based on our first four or five months of casual dating.
Just saying =)
:( Aww.
Ditto was Katie said. Life is meant to be lived. To the fullest. Everyday. Don't dwell on the future. 5 months will go by whether or not you're in this relationship... might as well make them the best 5 months ever. And who knows, maybe something will work out.
Post a Comment