Monday, May 04, 2009

Intertwined

I spent a weekend in Vancouver with 3 great girls - engineers, PhD students, runners, outdoorsy chicks - what more can I ask for in terms of potential new friends!?!?
















But they know Boston... and hang out with him (and maybe run with him) occasionally. Not neccessarily friends, but acquaintences.

I hate that this city is so small and I hate that my world is intertwined with his.

I haven't had crazy thoughts about him in months - and after one casual conversation where he happened to come up briefly - I'm back there again.

I want to be friends with these girls for so many reasons, but can I handle it?


(Girl Date #2 Recap soon!)

3 comments:

L said...

Dang, that stinks! As you know, I'm friends with some of The Texan's friends, but they never hang out since he moved. If they did, it would be pretty tough to not think about him (and I didn't even date him long). That's a hard call to make. If they don't hang out with him a ton and would rarely mention him, it might be worth it.

Sherin said...

ugh, that really stinks. i think you could be friends with them, esp if they are just acquaintances with him. you could always try a few hang outs here and there and if it gets to weird, be really busy for the next few weeks.

justrun said...

Dang, that is a bummer! Of course you'll just have to see how it goes. No one would blame you if it was hard, but just take it one girl date at a time. :)