Saturday, March 04, 2006

Sleepover

The Sonics game was a good time. I spent most of it talking with my friend – so much so that the guys sitting in front of us asked why we even bothered to pay for tickets when we could have just gone to a bar to talk (and had cheaper beers). True. Just after half time BMG called to see what was up. He had gone to some recruitment social at school but was going to pass on the statistics party. Even though I was planning to ski and he planned on a long bike ride the next morning, we still thought it would be a good idea to hit up a nearby bar. We stayed for a little bit but both found ourselves rather antisocial and dreading the thought of getting up in a few hours. His ride was going to stick around so BMG was wavering between walking home (about 4 miles) or trying to catch the bus that may or may not have still been running (turns out it wasn’t). I told him that was absolutely ridicules considering that I lived 3 blocks away, have a super comfy couch and would be heading in the direction of his house in the morning anyway. So that is how BMG and I had our first sleepover.

But boys are confusing. Case in point… his phone rang around 2:40. It was his roommate (and his ride) who had just gotten home and realized that he (BMG) wasn’t home. BMG told him it was all good and not to worry. I woke up when the phone rang and then decided to hit up the bathroom, beating BMG, who had the same idea, to it. I got back in bed and when BMG got out of the bathroom, he walked into my room and made a move for my bed too (which involved moving a pile of clothes to the floor). He lied down for about 30 seconds, made a comment about comparing the comfy-ness of the bed to the couch, then got up and said I was right, the couch was more comfy. Huh? What just happened here? I told him that I never said he could sleep in my bed anyway, and we continued to banter back and forth for a few more minutes from our respective rooms. In the morning we were both our normal, chipper selves, no mention of the bed testing. I’m going to have to ask my best-est boy-friend to give me some insight into that one.

And a random story… when I didn’t show up Wednesday night to ski, my coworkers asked my coworker/friend who I was supposed to ride up with what the deal was. He said there were multiple reasons for my no-show, not giving any specifics. They began to speculate what the reasons may be and concluded (I heard this from my coworker/friend’s girlfriend today)… that I was pregnant!?!? WHAT! We are talking about the president of my company, with others, starting rumors that I am having a baby! And rumors spread like wildfire at my company! They don’t know that I know though so I have until Monday to come up with a witty response to their allegations!

2 comments:

wegrit said...

*lol* That's always the first male reaction. It's a blanket explanation for just about everything!

As much as I hate to say it, the exchange between you and BMG sounds exactly like conversations I have with my best friend (who is a guy.) Which is great for me, but probably not exactly fantastic for you. =/

Anonymous said...

He was making a move for the bed, got scared and retreated. adding a stupid comment about comfort. Not one cares about comfort, that is a cop out. i would sleep on a bed of nails next to a women I am interested before hitting the couch by myself.

Your bigger issue is his lack of confidence to follow through or to check with you before making a play for your bed.

Good luck!